Happy Valentines Day! ❤
Whether you’re celebrating today with a significant other or celebrating “National Single’s Awareness Day” by hanging with friends and family, I hope you have a wonderful day full of love and happiness.
We all turn to books as a sort of escape from reality, another world to dive into for a couple hours. Romance novels are a way to feel like a teenager again, experiencing that first love all over again, or for some, wondering if you’ll feel like the main character does when you fall.
Some of you may read romantic books and it makes you think of your person. But others, may read those sappy love stories as a sense of hope that those types of guys are out there waiting for you and you then start referring to the guy in the book as your “book boyfriend”. LOL
Either way, if you’re like me (a hopeless romantic at heart) you live for those sappy stories that make you swoon and wish on a star your perfect guy will be exactly like (*insert current book boyfriend’s name here*).
So today, being Heart Day, I thought I’d rank my favorite love stories in books I’ve read recently! (This was actually pretty hard to pick them!)
* * *
10. Sydney and Mac from Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
9. Anna and Will from Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton
8. Cassia and Ky from The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
7. Samantha and Jase Garret from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
6. Ronnie and Will from The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
5. Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
4. Cammie Morgan and Zachary Goode from The Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter
3. Axi Moore and Robinson from First Love by James Patterson
2. America Singer and Maxon Shreave from The Selection Series (specifically The One) by Kiera Cass
1. Ira and Ruth Levinson from The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
* * *
I tried to blend aspects of each of these character’s relationships into the love story of Addison and Zach in my book, Illusion. My goal was to write a story with a romance that makes you think “I want a guy like Zach!” and feel everything Addison is feeling.
I wanted the instant “fireworks” romance I’m always reading about. I wanted that *dreamy*, head-over heels vibe, while also having something more, something deeper to them.
So because it’s Valentine’s Day, I have a surprise for all my blog readers:
Today only! Click here to download Illusion absolutely free to your Kindle (or kindle app on any smartphone) and read a love story like no other, where the girl literally gets the guy of her dreams!
I hope your day is full of the love you love to read about!
Much love to my lovely readers!
❤ Nadette Rae
P.S. I want to hear your thoughts! Who is your favorite book couple? Have you read Illusion yet? What did you think of Addison & Zach?